Friday, February 13, 2009

.so cool.

Oh man, so after dinner the group did skits before we had discussion time and they were super funny. Good entertainment, and then they did this skit of a group of people walking past a chair that says "DO NOT TOUCH" so all of them walk past the chair, then one girl goes back takes the sign tosses it away and touches the chair, and he hand gets stuck, like super glue, then to try to remove her stuck hand, she puts her other hand on the chair, but this hand also gets stuck, then she takes her leg to try to pry her hands off, but now her leg is stuck to the side of the chair, one of her friends walks back by, and sees that she's stuck so he tries to help her without touching the chair, but he can't seem to get her free, so he goes to his friends and they say they'll say a prayer for her. So they start praying and her foot comes loose, then they start praying and her hand comes loose, and they keep praying and praying but her last hand won't come loose, until she has faith to pray as well. So after she prays her last hand comes loose.... the gist being the metaphor of Adam and Eve with the tree of knowledge... and the discussion questions were all based on this skit.... such as "What might that "DO NOT TOUCH" sign be in your life?" and "Why do you think that the girl couldn't get her last hand free until she started to pray?" etc... (This is all in Japanese mind you, and people one English girl was translating for me so I wasn't totally lost). So, then after everyone answered the questions, the leader of the group was trying to tie everything together, with the point of the evening and you know those awkward pauses and just like... you get done, but don't know what to say next.... yes those moments.... well one of those happened in our group and for whatever reason, my heart started beating super fast, and I felt like the Holy Spirit was telling me to share my testimony with them.... so without hesitation I just started sharing my story, piece by piece, and Joyce was translating for me from English into Japanese, and by the time I was done 3 out of the 5 people in the group were in tears, one girl was totally bawling, and I continued to share how much God has done in my life and why I came to N* and how much God desires to love and be a part of their lives (2 of the 5 people were not Christians) and just how much he cares for each and every one of them, and how He will seek you out, and we can run as long as we want to, but ultimately the only thing that will ever truly fulfill us and truly mean absolutely everything and make us completely whole is God. And I usually talk really fast, and don't make a lot of sense when I'm nervous, but tonight I felt like the Holy Spirit was doing everything and really speaking through me and giving me the words to say... it was so amazing. Then after all the groups were done, Joyce asked me to stay and pray with Ayumi (the girl who was bawling) and she told me how much those words meant to me and how she felt like God had spoken to her through my story, because her past was so similar, and it was so good to pray with her. WOW.... I still feel totally awestruck with what happened tonight... so amazing, God is so good. Today was seriously the best day I've had at N* yet.. in terms of the Spirit moving and God using me here.... so cool.

1 comment:

SebBaer said...

Sarah, looks like you´re doing really good up there in the mountains. Great to hear how God is using you! Here´s a link, that might be helpful for your ministry here in Japan. May God bless you in all you do and touch many hearts through you!

www.twowaystolive.com

www.twowaystolive.com/japanese


Sebastian